Choose the appropriate application for your situation at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.htmlTravel.State.Gov
If you are needing a passport in less than four (4) weeks please go to: https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov
The Union County Auditor’s Office is a passport acceptance agent for the US Department of State Federal Passport Agency. The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Auditor’s office can assist U.S. citizens, who meet the passport application requirements, with obtaining a U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card.
Items needed to apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card
- Passport application – may be printed from the above link, or picked up at the Auditor’s office.
Print legibly in black ink. DO NOT sign until the application is presented to the accepting agent.
- One passport photo – photos may be taken at the Recorder’s office.
- A certified copy of your birth certificate and/or previous passport.
The birth certificate must be issued from the state or the county, NOT the hospital.
- Driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
- A check or money order to send with the application. Debit/credit/cash not accepted for application fee.
- Application for Book: $110 for adults; $80 for minors (UNDER age 16)
- Application for Card: $30 for adults; $15 for minors (UNDER age 16)
- Photos taken at the Recorder’s office: $10 per person
- Execution fee: $35 for all new applicants
If applicant is 16 or 17
- Applicant must appear in person, sign application and show driver’s license.
- Parental consent is required by at least one parent appearing in person with their driver’s license.
If applicant is UNDER 16
- Applicant must appear in person.
- Parental consent is required by BOTH parents appearing in person with their driver’s license.
Ask for details if one of the parents is unable to appear in person.
Passport applications are accepted in the Union County, Iowa Auditor’s Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.
For more information call the Auditor’s Office at (641) 782-1701 or click on the following link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html