Effective July 1, 2019, vital records fees will be $15.00.
- County vital records are regulated by the Iowa Department of Public Health by state laws and administrative rules.
- Certified copies may be obtained by mail or in person only if the application is completely filled out and notarized. You also need to include a copy of your government photo ID and proof of entitlement to the record requested. Our office accepts checks or money orders through the mail.
Birth Records for Union County, Iowa
Union County birth records are available between the years of 1880 through 1920. We do not have any birth records between the years of 1921 to 1941. Our records start again in 1942 to the present.
Single-parent births prior to 1990; adoptions before 1990; delayed registrations before 1990; legal changes of name before 1990; and any record ordered sealed by a court of law before 1990 are only available at the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Please feel free to call our office if you have questions on where to obtain your vital record.
Death Records for Union County, Iowa
Death records are available between the years 1880 through 1920. We do not have death records between the years of 1921 to 1941. Our records start again in 1942 to the present.
Marriage Records for Union County, Iowa
Marriage records are available for years 1855 to the present.
Application for Certified Copies
Certified Copy Application Instructions
Certified copies are available to only those with entitlement. (i.e. person named on record (18 or older), mother or father (if named on record), spouse, brother or sister (if 18 or older), maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents (if father is named on record), children or legal representatives with entitlement of proof of blood relation or representation may be required. Learn more about ‘entitlement’
To receive a certified copy of a Union County Vital Record:
- Complete Application for Certified Copy form which is required to be signed in front of a notary public; and
- Provide copy of a current Driver’s License or other current government photo ID; and
- Submit $15.00 check or money order to:Union County Recorder
300 N. Pine Street, Suite 5
Creston, IA 50801